We take a strategic approach to business litigation, working to obtain positive outcomes both inside and outside the courtroom.
At Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP, we define “winning” as reaching the best results for our clients as efficiently as possible. With more than 80 experienced litigators across seven offices, our Litigation practice represents clients in a broad range of matters throughout the United States. We take the time to understand our clients’ businesses and the issues at hand, balance the strength of the allegations against potential damages, and advise clients on how to successfully resolve the dispute and meet their goals.
Recognizing that not all matters need to go to trial, we represent clients in all forms of dispute resolution, including negotiation, mediation, and arbitration. When litigation is the best option, our seasoned trial teams quickly identify the issues and devise strategies that offer our clients the best chance of victory in state and federal court.
Several of our litigators have been selected as fellows in the Litigation Counsel of America (an invitation-only honor accorded to less than one half of one percent of U.S. lawyers), and team members are board certified in such areas as appellate, bankruptcy, business litigation, civil trial, and construction law.
- Fortune 1000 companies
- Mid-market and family businesses
- Corporate officers
- Manufacturers and distributors of business and consumer products
- Members of the construction industry
- Medical, legal, and financial professionals
- Litigation of business disputes
- Counsel on corporate compliance and investigation
- Federal court litigation
- Construction litigation
- Health care litigation
- Defending product liability claims
- Defending professional liability claims
- Fidelity, surety, and specialty bonds disputes
- Alternative dispute resolution