We help the fidelity and surety industry prevent, manage, and resolve claims arising from all types of bonds.
For over 25 years, the lawyers at Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP have represented major fidelity and surety companies in the United States. Sureties and fidelity insurers of all sizes rely on our timely and cost-effective services throughout the states of Florida, North Carolina, and Ohio.
As members of the Fidelity & Surety Law Committee of the ABA’s Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section (TIPS), our seasoned lawyers are active participants in the national surety industry, and are frequent authors and presenters of cutting-edge analysis in the field of surety law.
Our firm is a co-founder of the annual Southern and Northeast Surety & Fidelity Claims Conferences, which educate and update surety claims and underwriting personnel on all aspects of surety, fidelity, and specialty bond law and claims handling. We routinely partner with the most prominent surety and fidelity law firms in the country to better serve our clients.
We handle surety claims at all stages, from workout to litigation, and through appeal. Our clients have entrusted us with claims ranging from small single project defaults to major multi-project defaults in the states we serve. As part of a larger firm, we can also provide related capabilities in bankruptcy, insurance coverage, secured transactions, environmental law, securities law, and other relevant areas.
- All aspects of performance and payment bond claims, including:
- Default and claim analysis
- Takeover and tender analysis, negotiations, and agreements
- Litigation of claims in state and federal court
- Appeals in state and federal court
- Protection of the surety’s claims in bankruptcy
- Pursuit of salvage and subrogation rights
- All aspects of claims against fidelity bonds and commercial crime insurance policies as well as miscellaneous and specialty bonds of all kinds