Scott Newsom, partner in Shumaker's tax and benefits practice area, along with Bruce Davis and Scott Hamner, Principals at Findley Davies, hosted a webinar on March 21, 2013 to help those with employee benefits responsibilities better understand the complex regulations.
The webinar addressed:
- An overview of the proposed regulations issued on 12/28/2012
- The impact of corporate structure
- How to handle seasonal employees, temporary or leased employees, salaried/exempt employees working part-time, adjunct professors and other employees of an educational organization, contingent, on-call or per diem employees
- A practical application of Measurement, Administrative and Stability Periods
- How to transition new employees into ongoing employee periods
- What happens in the event of termination and rehire, change in employee's status, change in spouse's employment
Slide presentation and FAQ.