TOLEDO, OH – Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP is pleased to announce that the following lawyers have been recognized as the 2013 Best Lawyers in America “Lawyers of the Year”:
- Thomas C. Blank – Toledo Mergers & Acquisitions Law “Lawyer of the Year”
- Ronald A. Christaldi – Tampa Health Care Law “Lawyer of the Year”
- John N. MacKay – Toledo Banking and Finance Law “Lawyer of the Year”
- Michael S. McGowan – Toledo Corporate Law “Lawyer of the Year”
- Cynthia L. Rerucha – Toledo Real Estate Law “Lawyer of the Year”
- Scott M. Stevenson – Charlotte Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants “Lawyer of the Year”
- Theodore C. Taub – Tampa Land Use & Zoning Law “Lawyer of the Year”
- Gregory C. Yadley – Tampa Securities / Capital Markets Law “Lawyer of the Year”
Only a single lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is honored as the “Lawyer of the Year,” making this accolade particularly significant.
Lawyers being honored as “Lawyer of the Year” are selected based on particularly impressive voting averages received during the exhaustive peer-review assessments that Best Lawyers conducts with thousands of leading lawyers each year. Receiving this designation reflects the high level of respect a lawyer has earned among other leading lawyers in the same communities and the same practice areas for their abilities, their professionalism, and their integrity.
Best Lawyers compiles its lists of outstanding attorneys by conducting exhaustive peer-review surveys in which thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers. The current, 19th edition of The Best Lawyers in America (2013) is based on more than 4.3 million detailed evaluations of lawyers by other lawyers.
* * *
Founded in 1925, Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP is a full service law firm with over 225 lawyers practicing in Toledo and Columbus, Ohio; Tampa and Sarasota, Florida; and Charlotte, North Carolina.